Friday 15 February 2013

Sorbetto Planning



After buying this cute fabric from IKEA, I thought it would be perfect to try out the free Colette Sorbetto pattern. Not really sure if it's suitable fabric for clothing, but at £3 a metre, it's not really an expensive experiment.

I've been trying out a few different variations on the bias binding/collar in photoshop to see what different styles look like.



Here it is with black binding, which I love. With white binding, it's still quite cute, but it doesn't stand out so much.



I have a peter pan collar addiction, so I thought I'd see what it looks like with one made of the same fabric. It's quite cute, but I'm not really sold. The black collar is much cuter.

The last one is definitely my favourite, but I'll probably be sticking with the original idea of just black binding. Trying to alter a pattern on my very first attempt at garment making is probably a bad idea. I may well change my mind looking at how adorable the peter pan collar looks though!

No comments:

Post a Comment